What is the best option to eat balanced meals all week while away from home, and saving you time and money !? “Meal prepping” is the answer.
Well, it may not seem so, and some people consider that it takes a lot of effort, time and creativity but it is all a matter of training.
The meal prepping trend, unlike many others, it has many benefits, helping to fulfill a healthier eating routine. However, the lunchboxes must meet certain requirements for the nutritional objectives to be met, namely:
- Maximize the variety of foods chosen
- Use quality products in your meals
- Avoid using too much-processed sauces, concentrated broths or excess fat in your cooking
- Control added portions
- Plan and prepare meals/snacks in advance so that everything goes as desired
For those who consider that the day should be more than 24 hours, with food being at the bottom of the list of priorities, it’s ideal to prepare the lunchboxes or at least some of the ingredients on their day off or during the weekend, storing them under conditions which ensure the conservation of their organoleptic properties.
5 Healthy Lunch Box Ideas
O CNQA disponibiliza abaixo algumas dicas úteis:
CNQA provides some helpful tips below:
- Opt for airtight containers that prevent air ingress, this way delaying the degradation of the stored product.
- For salads in the jar, prefer screw-capped glass jars to the detriment of plastics, ensuring that they are dry with no trace of moisture.
- The salads in the jar are simple to prepare and great to take anywhere. There are many combinations and the ideal is to even vary the ingredients you put in each layer. Make sure that each jar has a protein source, a carbohydrate source (preferably slow-absorbing ones) and a vegetable source. If you want to add a sauce (olive oil and vinegar are better options) it should be at the bottom of the jar and on top are the most sensitive green leaves or vegetables.
- Take the time and, while cooking vegetable soup, cook a considerable amount of steamed vegetables to add to your daily meals whenever you want.
- Use fresh produce in your preparations and store them in the fridge as soon as they are cool.
- Foods such as eggs, vegetables, and oleaginous fruits are nutritious and practical options that you should include in both main meals and snacks.
Comments are closed.